The GMC Terrain small SUV is engineered to meet the challenges drivers face every day – from various road surfaces to unexpected conditions. Advanced technology such as the Traction Select system allows you to switch between drive modes to make real-time adjustments based on those ever-changing driving situations.
Front Wheel Drive (FWD) models feature the following modes:
- Normal/Tour: Optimized for everyday driving conditions
- Rain/Snow: Lessens chance of wheel slippage in low traction driving conditions
All-Wheel Drive (AWD) models feature the following modes:
- FWD: Improves fuel economy in normal/everyday driving conditions by mechanically disconnecting the rear axle and eliminating the drag it causes
- AWD: Actively sends power to the front and rear wheels to maximize traction on dry, wet or snow/ice-covered roads
- Off-Road: Adjusts AWD system, traction control and stability control to improve traction and driving dynamics on dirt, gravel and sand.